A glycolic acid peel is a simple and controlled procedure, which removes dead surface skin cells revealing the fresh, undamaged skin underneath. Peels are available in various concentrations ranging from 20% to 70% glycolic acid derived from the sugar cane. A trained specialist applies glycolic acid on cleansed skin for a period of minutes, as required. It is then neutralized and followed by cooling compresses and post peel emollient. A series of four to six peels may be needed depending on your skin’s condition.
Results that can be achieved include:
- Softening of fine lines
- Reduction in the appearance of wrinkles
- Increased smoothness of skin texture
- Mild or moderate leveling of acne scars
- Lightening of pigmentation irregularities (age spots)
- Evened-out skin tone
- Increased skin moisture
- Increased skin glow and radiance
- Minimization of pore size
The most popular areas of the body that can be treated include:
- neck & chest
- top of hands
The result is healthier, younger and more radiant looking skin!